Thermador’s Sexy New Steam Oven –
If you are a health-minded cook (or you just want something cool hanging in your kitchen) you’ll probably want to check out Thermador’s new
steam ovens. The MES301HP (pro series with thick handle) and the MES301HS (Masterpiece series handle) are insanely great additions to Thermador’s premium lineup of wall ovens. It’s the first oven to combine three distinct cooking styles -steam, true convection and combi steam and convection. It also boasts 40 preset food settings.
One of the cool things about this oven is that it’s larger than the other steam offerings on the market. The 1.1 cu ft oven cavity can fit a 14lb turkey and according to Thermador’s cooking experts, cooking a bird in combination mode for 90 minutes will result in a perfectly moist inside and gorgeous crust on the outside.
Here is a pic of the inside of the oven:
Here are the 9 cooking modes available to meet just about any cooking need:
* True Convection (85-450°F) – A fan on the back wall distributes the heat evenly throughout. Perfect for moist cakes, sponge cakes and braised meat.
* Steaming (95-210°F) – Perfect for vegetables, fish, sides and extracting fruit juice.
* Combination (250-450°F) – A blend of steam and convection modes. Perfect for fish, soufflés and baked goods.
* Reheat (210-360°F) – Cooked food is gently reheated. The inflow of steam keeps the food moist, and brings back the original flavor, texture and crispness.
* Proof (95-120°F) – Steam and convection modes are combined to keep the surface of bread dough from drying out. This special cooking mode enables the dough to rise much faster than at room temperature.
* Slow Cook (140-250°F) – Tenderizes all meat cuts and types, especially roast beef and leg of lamb.
* Defrost (95-140°F) – Steam and convection modes are combined. Humidity transfers heat to the food, maintaining its moisture and shape. Ideal for fruit, vegetables, meat and fish.
* Keep Warm (140-210°F) – Designed to keep food warm for up to one hour without drying it out.
* Dish Warm (85-160°F) – This mode prevents food in preheated ovenware from cooling as quickly. Perfect for ovenware and plates
Check out the bread baked in the Thermador Steam oven by Chef Brad Peterson…DEELISH!
People seem to be sold on the idea…I’ve already sold one sight unseen!
The MES301HP and MES301HS will be available on August 1 and will retail for between $3299 and $3499.
Tagged with: mes301hp, mes301hs, steam convection oven, steam oven, thermador steam oven
View our next post: Why Buy a SubZero Refrigerator? More Than a Review…
View our previous post: Liebherr CS2062: The Flexible French Door Fridge