Appliances 2012 – What We’ll See, According to Me
The Crystal Ball says…
– We will have new major product releases from Wolf / SubZero sprinkled throughout the year – 36″ French Door fridge, steam oven, 42″ and 48″ side by side fridges with internal water dispensers
– Electrolux will release a new line of appliances, which will be priced somewhere between Icon and the Kelly Ripa stuff.
– High Efficiency top load washers will continue to cut into the market share of front load washers
– Entirely new laundry platform will be released by GE, sometime later in the year
– LG and Samsung will continue their assault on the domestic brands, but new tariffs on their refrigerators will make the playing field more level.
– The housing market will still be in the doldrums, which will of course affect the appliance industry so that means that consumers are still in the drivers seat…look for more package rebates and more high-end promotions continuing throughout the year.
Posted in: Uncategorized,
View our next post: The Only Complaint I’ve Had on a Liebherr Refrigerator…
View our previous post: Moving Pictures: DCS 36″ RGU366 Gas Range Review