Or, if you are opting to roll with a cooktop/wall oven combo you can still qualify for the free hood to be used over the cooktop. In this case the micro would be ideal or one of the lower powered hoods that Bertazzoni offers.
First off – thoughts and prayers to those who have been devastated by Sandy.
We took a beating in Yonkers but fortunately the showroom and Central Ave as a whole were pretty much unscathed. We’re operating under normal business hours but just be aware that there have been huge lines in front of the showroom that are queuing up for a gas station that is down the block. For the most part our driveway has been accessible but if you come down and it is blocked you can park on the opposite side of Central Ave and just cross over.
Thanks for your patience and we pray for a speedy return to normalcy for everyone.
August is usually a dead month in the world of major appliances. The last air conditioners were sold in July and people are usually sunning themselves in various vacation spots throughout August where top of mind topics are “did you put SPF on the kids?” or “where are we going to eat tonight” as opposed to “which pro range should I buy”.
Thankfully, this August was different for the Appliance Dude and Curto’s as a whole, as large kitchen orders continued to come in through the last week of the month. No complaints here! Don’t know if these are folks that just got a jump start on the typical cooking season appliance purchase cycle (mid September through early November) but a fact is a fact and the recent trends held up: people are still rocking high end packages, typically with all pieces coming from the same manufacturer.
So now we turn the page to September and after Labor Day and back to school, people should be out in droves looking to get their kitchens done prior to Thanksgiving. My Fall buying show will be taking place right before the cooking season rush begins and here are some things which will be featured at that show and which in turn I will be showing on our floor:
Rum Punch, Grace Bay Beach and Appliance Dude...Chillin!
After cooling my jets with wifey in Turks & Caicos I have returned to the world of appliances! (actually I never really left, as I gained much inspiration for future webisodes
under the caring and warm embrace of assorted rum punch varieties!)
I am locked and loaded and ready to pour out the content this month as we prepare for the Fall buying season. You want Wolf and Sub-Zero info? More dirt on Electrolux French Door fridges? Viking D3 tidbits? Even more info on Bosch dishwashers? Stay tuned, we’re going to roll….HARD!
– We will have new major product releases from Wolf / SubZero sprinkled throughout the year – 36″ French Door fridge, steam oven, 42″ and 48″ side by side fridges with internal water dispensers
– Electrolux will release a new line of appliances, which will be priced somewhere between Icon and the Kelly Ripa stuff.
– High Efficiency top load washers will continue to cut into the market share of front load washers
– Entirely new laundry platform will be released by GE, sometime later in the year
– LG and Samsung will continue their assault on the domestic brands, but new tariffs on their refrigerators will make the playing field more level.
– The housing market will still be in the doldrums, which will of course affect the appliance industry so that means that consumers are still in the drivers seat…look for more package rebates and more high-end promotions continuing throughout the year.
If you were thinking of buying a Wolf rangetop and wanted to rock the unsealed version (which is about $400+ less than the sealed version) you need to act very fast.
They have been discontinued but I have been told orders will still be filled heading into the New Year. The sealed rangetops are quite different looking as they use the dual fuel range design, so if you want that traditional Wolf-look with the more chiseled knobs and individual grates, the time to act is now friends.
Wolf Sealed Rangetop - This is The Present and Near-Term Future of Wolf Rangetops
Wolf RT364G - Open Burner Rangetop...Au Revoir My Friend